A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cue Points hit early when buffering FLV's

Cue Points hit early when buffering FLV's

Hi everyone,

I was a Kirupa virgin, but have just broken my cherry - my first post!
    This seems like a great place for help but can't find the solution to this problem.

I'm doing a full flash video site, and have got all the video edited etc, but am at the stage where I am implementing it all into Flash and have run into a pretty big problem at the early stage of this part.

I'm using the netStream class for video playback, (although I've also tried it with the FLVPlayback component with the same problem), and if I use "ns.setBufferTime(10);", the cue point I have in the video hits way too early.
    You can see what I mean here:

http://www.flash.uk.net/qualitytesti..._Holder-3.html

The cue point is set to trigger the contact details window just as she points to the right, but with the buffer set to 10 secs, it triggers at the start of the video.

Can anyone help me understand why this is happening and what I can do about it? I've been up for 2 long days trying to find an answer but haven't ben able to yet.

Another thing, is that I'd like the site to load the individual FLV's in the sequence that I choose, so the most important clips would load first. How could I tell Flash which video's I want loaded in a particular order - would that involve an array? If so, can anyone give me some advice as to the code to load a sequence of FLV's sequentially?

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Olly.

flash fiend
    I just ran into the same issue, anyone have a solution?
    My flash never has bugs, it just develops random features.

I managed to fix the problem by not using netstream buffering, instead created my own buffer using percentage loaded.
    Also, make sure that you add your cue points on whole seconds ie. if you're using Squeeze to set them, make sure you set the cue point on say 10 seconds rather than 10.16. That seemed to sort problems out aswell.

O.