A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing a .swf file into a new flash movie

Importing a .swf file into a new flash movie

Hello,

I was given a .swf file that i'm assuming was created in camtasia. They want that file including some other images to be put into a new flash movie.
    Is this possible? The .swf file is already 17 megs.

Thanks

I think I can help

I just recently created a "Shell" site, which has a spot were I load all the other "Pages" into. What I did was dragged the Loader component on the stage, and sized and positioned it right where I wanted it. In the Properties panel, set the contentPath to whatever you want to load. In my case, I wanted to load my page called "Home.swf". since this file was in the same folder as the "Shell" page, I didn't need anything else to delclare the path.

Other than that, You'll have to go into the publish settings, format tab and make sure only the the Flash checkbox is checked - nothing else. Hope all that made sense! Good Luck.

Hello,

thanks for your help. I got the swf to play inside of the .fla, but the quality is very low once inside the .fla. Any ideas?
    The .swf alone plays fine.

Thanks
    Jenn

Try publishing the fla first. If the quality is still bad of the video file, you might need to use a different codec. I don't know much about that specifically, but give it a shot and try some dfferent settings...

Thanks for your help!

We tried converting the swf to .mov but it's now 64 meg..... we'll play around with it I guess!

Thanks Again

Jenn