I am attempting to create a Learning Interaction to use in e-learning. I want to create a card on the screen that can be clicked, and it will rotate (flip) horizontally to display text on the back side.

I created a Rectangle and converted to mc. I inserted a keyframe in frame 12 and flipped the rectangle horizontally. I then created a motion tween. That works perfect.
I added a layer above the rectangle with text for the front of the card and performed the same steps as with the rectangle.

When I animate, the text reverses as the rectangle did, though now I have reverse text showing, even though I would have thought that you could not see the text through the card. As the text is on the upper layer, I assume that is why it is showing.

What I want is to be able to see text on the opposite side of the card (rectangle) that is new. That means it needs to be rotating at the same time to look realistic. So I added another layer with the reverse side text.

I tried to change the alpha on the text and have it fade out when the card is flipped 50%. That works fine for the text on the front of the card but the rotation appears not to be in sync with the text for the reverse side.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to proceed?