A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: using a flash cusom mouse cursor in dreamweaver

using a flash cusom mouse cursor in dreamweaver

Does anyone here know if I can do this.

I am designing a website for a fire department, and I found a cool mouse pointer that flames and smokes. It was created in flash8. Is it possible to somehow add this to an existing web site that was created in dreamweaver8. I have tried a few things but can't seem to get it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Mat

not'n' wrong with hat'n' sushi iHATEsushi's Avatar

iHATEsushi - Thanks for the link dude...I will definatly chack it out...had a few beerz at this point so I'll check it tomorrow....but I am in a unique situation....I have experience in web design (mind you I am out dated) The whole dramweaver/flash thing is messing with me big time.....to be honest...I need my hand held through this one I think....and I'm not the kind of guy to ask that...If anyone has a bit of time to guide me on this one....The fire dept would be more than gratefull (it's a really cool visual considering) but I am totally lost on this one.....do I need to design my site on flash to get this to work or can I move it into dreamweaver....it has been a few years since I did any web programming and I'm just getting back into it.....the help is GREATLY appreciated....lol...and btw...IHATESU****OO

lmao...just caught that...I hate sushi too....didn't catch the **** at first

HEHEHE... I a dudette.... not a dude LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdcmouse1
    iHATEsushi - Thanks for the link dude...I will definatly chack it out...had a few beerz at this point so I'll check it tomorrow....but I am in a unique situation....I have experience in web design (mind you I am out dated) The whole dramweaver/flash thing is messing with me big time.....to be honest...I need my hand held through this one I think....and I'm not the kind of guy to ask that...If anyone has a bit of time to guide me on this one....The fire dept would be more than gratefull (it's a really cool visual considering) but I am totally lost on this one.....do I need to design my site on flash to get this to work or can I move it into dreamweaver....it has been a few years since I did any web programming and I'm just getting back into it.....the help is GREATLY appreciated....lol...and btw...IHATESU****OO

Hi again... Well I usually help those who have little problems because I am terrribly busy this time of year. I post directional answers to help others find out information for themselves. But if you are really unfamiliar with this then I probably wouldn't be the one to be asking. I have always found the Mod for this section 'geezer' to be extremely helpful. He is very experienced and could probably help you walk through it better than I could. You can probably send him an email and ask him if he can assist you. I don't know all the mods here but I am also sure they can assist you too. I've only had past assistance from the geezer who was very kind, patient , and helpful. Good luck.

Thanks Dudette I appreciate the help. I will see if geezer would be willing to give me a hand. Thanks again.

The flaming cursor mouse pointers are only for flash. They won't work on an html site.

I was afraid of that....Thanks for the info