A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [MX] Flash mx button link help

[MX] Flash mx button link help

Hi there I have a really frustrating problem. I am pretty new to flash and know the basics. However I have just downloaded and customized a haeder for my website but for no apprent reason I cannot get the buttons to click to there ULR. I really feel like crying as I just don;t know how to esolve the problem.

The web address is actsdirectory.co.uk should anyone want to have a look and tell me why its all there. any one who can solve this, no doubt, easy issue will be my arc angel and i will forever owe you for stopping me throwing my computer across the room in sheer frustration. I have uploaded the fla file to www.actsdirectory.co.uk/main_page_navigation.fla should anyone want to have a look in to the file for me (its 1.09mb so couldn't attach it)

Kind regards and thanks in advance. eddiedredge

Well... You could attach this code to each button:

on(release){
    getURL("http://actsdirectory.co.uk","_blank")
    }
    (change the url to the site you want to link to)

The mouseover effect didn't work when I did that, and the code didn't work properly when I put it in an own layer. I don't know why, but there are probably some code in the file that I haven't discovered yet. But if you just want it to work straight away, you could use the code I posted here.