A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help on Simple image Proeloader in Flash 8

Help on Simple image Proeloader in Flash 8

I've created an animation of 10 images which are being loaded externally. I used this.pic1.loadMovie("images/image1.jpg"); method. The problem is that it takes too much time to load the image, while it continues to play the animation. So the image is not displayed at all.

I've tried searching this forum and Google for previous posts on preloading JPGS but all the data i found was very complex. They used button clicks to preload the images.

What i want is a normal pre-loader at the start.Which'll load all 10 of the images. Then go on to play the animation.

I'd greatly appreciate if somone can help me out here. And i apologise in advance if i couldnt explain my problem correctly. (Total Newbie to flash )

You will have to put the images in the library, so they load with your movie, for the movie preloader to load them. If your loading them externally, then the preloader in the first frames of your movie won't load them.

thanks for your reply.

I havent put the images inside the flash. I load them from an external folder. You are saying that it is not possible to pre-load those images ??? and later use them inside the movie ???

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The movie you are loading them into has to load first, even the code your using to load them has to load. Once the movie has loaded, it's loaded, now you have to load the images from the folder. There is no going back, those images will load in their own event.

I would put the images and their animation in a separate fla, then load that into the other main movie. You can load it out of sight, and it will load after the first movie that calls it. Once it's loaded, you can use it inside the first movie, but only after it's all loaded.