A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pulsing buttons?

pulsing buttons?

I'm developing a site in which I have buttons that are a hidden part of a picture. I want to have them pulse continuously (ever so slightly) to draw attention to the viewer that they are in fact buttons. An example of exactly what I'm trying to accomplish is on this page... http://www.brienwhite.com/ ... can anyone out there help me out. Much appreciated.... E

Are you looking for something like this?
    http://www.wealthswap.com/test1.swf
    David

p-buttons

exactly like that...

ok, I am working on a couple of options... I will put something together in a few hours.
    Dave

O.K... I found a tutorial about making movie clips into buttons, which I've never done, but started messing around with today. I gave my buttons a cool "transparent" fade in, fade out effect which I created on the _UP stage of the timeline. That works nicely. However now I'm having actionscript issues with assigning actions to the rest of the button stages. I copied code from the tutorial, but I'm using MX, and the code was from pro 8. I keep getting errors when I test it. I'm pretty sure I set up my movieclip/button timeline correctly. An example of the code I used on the stage(put in the top actions layer, first frame where the buttons appear) is this... this.button_rs.onRollOver = function {) {
    button_rs.gotoAndPlay("_over");
    )
    ...etc.... for each button action respectively. 'button_rs" being the instance name. Any help would be greatly appriciated... Eric

Glowing Button

Here's something I made in literally 3 minutes. I think this is what you want...if not, tell me...Basically it's just like a normal button, except in the movieclip, and the button is transparent, so the movieclip has the glow thing in it...whatever, check it out:
    Last edited by Pazil; 11-15-2008 at 08:59 PM.
    WIP-ZOMBIES

I love vegetarians! More meat for the rest of us!

I can't open it, it keeps crashing Flash

I got it! Much easier than I was thinking. I just made a movie clip of the up state I wanted and draged it into the button up state. Works great. Thanks for the help everyone.