A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ...suggesting new methods.

...suggesting new methods.

Using "class structured" methods at compile time is weak.
    -----------------------------------------------
    I can't dynamically assign the code I need to load at runtime, on the client.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Flash has always represented, to me, a way to offload the application logic to the client, so dynamic loading of code, for me, is important.

Most of my problems in accomplishing this end have been with limitations defined by the help files in Flash, and limitations placed on the Macromedia concept of object display for the average content creator (the designer).

The general understanding of object creation interfaces is flat in concept. No emphasis on the data structure of the application being designed is displayed in the content creation interface. Instead, we get a very rough, and basic description of content; a designer interface.

This is demonstrated for most advanced Flash developers, who have "movies" with only one "frame" on the "timeline", and all of their code organized on frames.

Flash Developers, nowadays, have backgrounds in design and programming. Some of us have grown, with The Web, to create the first version of Web 2.0, but have been overlooked.

Flash developers have borne the brunt of "bad press" with "splash pages" and silly banner ads, but we've taken steps that most users never notice, and most Ajax developers wish they'd understood.

For me, developing enterprise wide applications is becoming a daily task; I'm ready for a content creation interface, a CMS, another application.

Leveraging the strength of the client machine, and the server machine, is integral to the creation of advanced (see: future) interface on the web. Flash has always enabled this methodology, since it's inception.

Flash's current strength, for me, can be summed-up in the following statement: Bandwidth has outpaced most content creator's ability to create complex content, so therefor, it must be made easier to create content, and creation can be tailored to the needs of the business, which is penultimate.

I'll be going over the creation of an Interface Creation Engine (ICE), using XML, over the next few months. Please be sure to tune in and read what I have to write.

Building ICE is cool.

-J
    Last edited by tutash; 01-27-2007 at 01:11 AM.

Loading external Function

Abstraction:

Abstraction is the key for loading functionality dynamically.

Note: If you don't understand what "which", "this", and "that" mean, you'll have trouble building this interface.

I won't get into programming, but this is important, as well as scope and inheritance. Departing from a formal class structure can seem strange. Consider that we're making it work. Also consider that the object of all applications is to express logic visually, so therefore all describable data can be logically expressed. This is an important concept for programmers.

TBC

What is your point, question?
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -