A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: F8/XML Wont Load when Live

F8/XML Wont Load when Live

I made a portfolio gallery that loads text and images using XML data. It works fine in test mode but doesn't work when uploaded to the server.

I thought it was a security issuse so I loaded a crossdomain.xml file and still nothing.

Link to file:http://www.abovegrounddesigns.com/we...-portfolio.htm

Flash 8 source,XML, images here: http://www.abovegrounddesigns.com/aboveweb.zip

Still somewhat of a noob with advanced AS2.0 coding, but all my code looks good.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    To be sure I wasn't getting a false positive I uploaded your package to my production server (instead of my local server) and after changing the publish setting for network playback

...all seems fine:

http://www.flex-fanatic.com/aboveweb/index.html

do me a favor, after you confirm this is working by visiting my link, follow up in this thread so I can take it back down. Thanks in advance

Nothing Yet

Did as you said. Still nothing. I've noticed some servers tend to hold on to flash casche for a while. Any way to work around that?

It only has a problem when loaded into my browsers IE7 and FF1.5. I don't get it.

I'm looking at it right now. My server was down for about an hour earlier but I can't control the paid server, only my local one so you may have hit when it was in la-la land (I hate paid hosts btw).

Either way I'm at my paid host flipping through your pics as I write

Tested in IE and FF also

In IE you can set the browser to "Refresh on every visit" to make sure it's not using the cache. FF you should be able to force the cache to clear somewhere.

I don't think its anything either of us is doing. I have contacted support regarding this issue. I can't get any answers anywhere. I even gave it to someone who tried on their paid server and it worked.

Has to be my paid server or nothing.

Even direct hit to the swf? Sure it's not the html it's embedded in? Worth a try going right for the swf in the browser

Sorry, no go. I'm in cpanel and complaining to support.

My paid server is Linux, and I heard that some servers require an additional sercuity xml script to allow xml to be parsed from other servers. HOwever, Im not doing that. I've tried on a couple of those scripts to no effect. There is no discussion of similar issues in the knowledge base or help forums.

Thanks for all the help by the way.