A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Nav Bar Help

Nav Bar Help

I'm not a flash expert so I'm looking for some advice as how to go about doing the following:

I have a nav bar that has 5 text links. When the mouse rolls over the text grows in size (from 8pt to 10pt for example). Each text link is a movieclip with some motion tweens that links to a different php page (index.php, page1.php, page2.php, etc).
    All the text links are gray. However I want to have the link be red if you are on that page. Thus if you are on page2.php the page 2 link would be red and do nothing when hovered over. The rest would act as normal. If I select page 3 to go to page3.php the page 3 link would be red and stay red when hovered over. The other links would be gray and grow as you hover over.

What is the best way to incorporate this action? Use a:
    Code:
    on(press){
    	gotoandstop(red_frame);
    }
    ??? This was my initial thought. However since it's a new php page and the nav gets reloaded this would not work.

Thanks for any help or suggestions...

Jason

Busy doing nothing Boris the Frog's Avatar
    use the flash.geom.colorTransform to change the colour of your movieClip when it has been pressed?
    --------------------------------------------------
    ‘There is no emoticon to express how I am feeling’ - Comic Book Guy
    There's an effective, simple solution to carbon sequestration... it's called 'coal', so leave it alone!
    There's an effective, simple solution to carbon capture....it's called 'trees', so plant some!