A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Inconsistency with code functionality ( loader scaler )

Inconsistency with code functionality ( loader scaler )

So, I have been using Flash for a couple years now. Every once in a while, when dealing with LoadMovie or Loader components, My movies are working inconsistently. Allow me to explain:

I am currently dealing with a problem where I am using a loader component. I have the scalecontent property set to true on the component's settings. I also have code on each button that loads images into this loader that should be setting the value of the of the scalecontent property to true. I shouldn't have to do that anyway, but I did to kind of reiterate to the damn SWF to scale the friggin content. Yet, sometimes it scales, and sometimes it doesn't. There is no pattern. I tried everything I could think of. It's just inconsistent when I click on these thumbnail buttons to load the images into the loader window, sometimes they will scale, and sometimes they won't.

Anyone ever ran into this problem before with inconsistency of the functionality of the code? If so, how do you fix this problem? Because I am gettin ready to rip all the hair on my head (what's left of it) out. Please help me. Thank you.
    Last edited by (R)Con; 01-30-2007 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Type-O's

OK, I figured out the solution to my own question. Figured I would post the solution to the problem up here for anyone else that runs into the same problem. First, go to this link: http://www.bgxcomponents.com/flashLoaderScale.htm . I copy and pasted the code at the bottom of that page and it worked like a charm. Something to do with the way the program checks status and it doesn't wait long enough to do it or something so you have to use this code to override the function.