A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Some Creative Help Please?

Some Creative Help Please?

Hi!

I'm extremely new to flash... and wanted to know if you guys could give me some ideas on how to make my flash document...well, flashy. :-)

You can check out the design as non flash image here:

http://candicejarrett.com/flashintro

So far, I made the images fade in... and I made the telephone ring when you hover over it, and the calendar play a short acoustic guitar riff when you hover over it.

I also thought that the lightswitch could make it look like the lights have been turned off when you click it.... and a music video play in the TV.... any other ideas? I think fading the images in looks a little lame... if you have any suggestions for me, I would really appreciate it!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

well on the diary if they goto a corner say it can be flipped and the next month show. What you can do if you want is with the phone for EG is cut the handset so its seperate and when you roll over it just does not just ring but it could shake etc etc
    NOW! look whats happened! I told you to watch this space and now its gone.

Howdy and welome to FlashKit and Flash itself,
    Is that just to enter the site itself. I get that from the enter site painting. If its just that I don't think you need to much on that page. Now if its the actual site then maybe you don't need the enter site. nothing wrong with it just a bit confused thats all.

I like the idea of having the phone ring, possible have the receiver shake a bit too would be cool. I liked the calendar alot, maybe one thing you can do is have it closed, like when you first get one and have to open it. And when you roll over it it flips to the month and can flip to the other months. That could take a bit if your not too good at animations. The switch idea is perfect. The tv as is looks out of place, maybe some depth to it would make it like the rest. I'm not too sure if the site is for your music or portfolio but you could different images of your work. Kinda like a slide show. You could also do some color and fading effects with the picture, I'm guessing thats you.

Hey Guys!!!

Thank you so much for responding! (And for welcoming me to the forum!)

I love the idea about making the phone handset move. I'm not sure how to do that... do I have to make the handset a separate image from the body of the phone in Photoshop?

Walsher: the site is for my music... but I guess I would use it for a portfolio too... this pink background page is going to replace the yellow themed enter site page (if you go to www.candicejarrett.com, you will see what I mean). The actual site is at this link:

http://www.candicejarrett.com/default2.asp

If I get really inspired, I am going to try to redevelop my whole site to make it flash.... but for now I am working on making the intro page flash and leaving the rest html.

I thought of a really cool idea.... but I don't know how to make it happen.....

What if I had a pen on the table next to the phone that you could pick up with your mouse and move it around the screen.... and draw on the calendar with it? What kind of tutorial should I look for for something like that?

Thanks again guys!!!!

Candice

Okay, that makes alot more sense now. I only know a hand full of artist that actual make there sites. Very cool.

Ya, I'd have the phone headset as its own image. Then in Flash make a movielcip with both the phone and headset on seperate layers. Then add some frames, say top frame 5. And from frame 6 to say frame 15 we'd animate the headset shaking.

Heres a link to a tutorial that may help on your idea. Its called API Drawing. Its definietly possible in Flash.
    http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ac...-869/index.php

hey! the splash page you have is a really good start it really nice and a good start to the new one(not to keen on the wooden buttons thought)

:-)

see file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NOW! look whats happened! I told you to watch this space and now its gone.