A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] loadMovie and swf

[F8] loadMovie and swf

Hey

I got a problem, I think I no why, but not how to fix it.
    When i try to load a extern swf into my movie, it works fine if it is a normal video, let say 640x480. But if I load a swf that it make in flash, let say same
    size, and you just put some text in the middle, without any background, just a movie color, it will behave strange in my movie, not the same size and jump around, even if I try to change the size, it just jump around. I think the problem is the when flash save the file, it just save the movie size as a variable, sense the text do not fill the hole movie, the rest of movie is empty without a frame. I hope you understand what i mean, and that you can help me with a solution.

When i drop the same movie into flash player, the flash player play it correct,
    how does they do it? The movie I use, I can't change, it is some other
    company that makes them.

I attach a file that behave strange for me, if use loadMovie into to a 1024x768 size movieclip. (I can't edit this movie)

Regards
    Satto
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Satto; 01-31-2007 at 02:56 PM.

Okay, now I have locate the problem to use of _width or _height on the mc, but no problem using _xscale or _yscale. If I use the _width or height the movie will behave strange and jump around.

The files I load can even contain animation "outside" the screen, so when I scale it down you can see the animation come in from the side. My problem is I have a main movie 1024x768, and the external movie I load is should only show 1024x688 at position x=0 and y= 80, so in the top of my main movie I can see the animation come in.

Is there someone who now a solution, please?

Satto