A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: borders and margins one last time

borders and margins one last time

Having trouble with these margins. Want to produce a swf file that lands in the center of the screen and has no margin, the browser perfectly framing the Flash file. And I would like to make it unscaleable so that the user can't stretch the Flash file long or tall.

So in publish I choose percent and go with the No Scale option under the scale drop down.

I've gone through a ton of threads that say that I am to find the following code in the html document:
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">

And replace it with:
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" LEFTMARGIN="0" RIGHTMARGIN="0" TOPMARGIN="0" BOTTOMMARGIN="0" Scrolling="no">

So I do this, and I still get a white matte framing the Flash file. There must be some little piece here that I'm missing. Any ideas?

try this in your index.html

Code:
    <style>
     body{margin:0px;padding:0px}
    </style>

I still have a margin/border to the right and bottom, but perhaps I am misunderstanding the problem.

What I expect is that when I hit the html document up pops a browser in the center of the screen that perfectly frames my Flash document. What I get is a Flash document that is off-center, in the upper left hand corner of the browser. Playing with it I notice for the first time that the browser has a memory in that each time you launch it it sizes itself to whatever size it had been the last time you had used it.

Is this just the nature of the beast, or is there some way to have the browser pop up in the middle of the screen and perfectly frame the Flash document?