A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash or Director?

Flash or Director? Which one to use

Hi guys, I apologise in advance if this seems like a long one!

I've got a university project to do in which I need to provide training for a certification for something that involves practical & theoretical knowledge. I have chosen to do soccer training as this way, for the training drills (practical elements) I can have animations and/or videos to show to the user and for the theory side I can have topics of theory and short quizes to test the users knowledge.

HOWEVER, the problem now is that I am not sure which one of the two packages mentioned above, to use. For some reason, I want to create a stand-alone application, as opposed to website etc. I know that Director was good for this, but there hasn't been a Director release for 3 years and I take it Flash is overtaking it. And in Flash, I know that Flash-Lite has come into existence which means I could extend my project and create a mini version for cell phones. So basically, I'll list my requirements below and I was wondering if you can tell me which will be my best option cuz I keep reading web pages/books etc.. and still cant find out which one is best!

1) Need to be able to create a set ofanimations and provide video footage (which I know both do)
    2) Need to provide a short-test quiz format (again, I know this can be done in Flash)
    3) Want to publish to a DVD-ROM to create an Interactive DVD that the user can access and use through their regualr DVD player/TV

Your help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Sukhraj
    Last edited by Sukhraj; 02-01-2007 at 06:32 AM.