A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: uploading an existing animation file.swf as element

uploading an existing animation file.swf as element

Hi everybody! I'm new in this forum and I am italian, so I apologize for my english and ask you the courtesy to try -if you'll be so kind to answer my question-speaking to me in a way as easier as possible. Here is my problem: Some days ago I found out(I am just a beginner of this program)that it is possible to upload an already existing flash animation as element (add new element). The first time the operation succeeded perfectly, but today I tried and retried several times: when I go and see the result all the other elements are visible and hearable but not the animation. Could you tell me why? What can be happened meanwhile?...i mean: why I succeeded only the first time?
    many thanks

P.S. In order to try to better explain my problem I made this animated gif
    please click here

Mayby you loaded a *.movie earlier, not swf?
    Swf's, like you pointed out, are not "visible" in the editor/preview, only in flash player.

Hi Fanjogi , thank you for answering me. No:the movies I uploaded as "new element" were all SWF files: as I already said the operation succeeded some time but most of the times it fails. Besides I know perfectly that SWF movies are not visible in the preview screen: the problem is that when I save the created movie (wich should contain also the SWF movie which I inserted as new element) and upload it in my web filehosting, all other elements I added(as sounds, buttons etc.) are perfectly visible but not the SWF movie . I can understand that the SWF movie inserted in the movie that i created has not been uploaded in my web filehosting space even from the fact that dimensions of the file are too light

I think first that you should make sure your main movie size is larger than the swf you are importing, second the swf you are importing must be uploaded to the same server directory as your main movie.

to see an example;
    unzip these files to a folder and run main.html,
    then remove the import.swf from the folder and then run main.html. Main.html is blank now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What CreekMonkey said, try making sure they're in the same folder. It doesn't export the loaded swf, but only calls it....

-J
    Last edited by zoranvedek; 02-01-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Hello, European !

I have the same problem : the flash animation (as .swf file) isn't visible when you play your final exported movie (note : never use the preview mode to try your movies !). I think that you can upload only flash animations as .MOVIE file (what you do, for example, with a preloader). I feel also that sometimes, the bitmap background of your main file can hide your uploaded movie file...(?)

Hi friends! thanks to all of you. I tried to understand what you suggested but some becuase of the language , some because I'm not expert in matter of computer, I 'm afraid not having understood. It is not simple for me ...what do you mean when you say:"run HTML" for instance? Anyway I think I have understood that main movie and imported swf movie(the one I imported as "new element") must be in the same folder when I upload the file in my filehosting site. In fact that seems having worked for a while: at last I succeeded viewing the full movie(complete with the imported one) in the web after uploading it. But after some minutes it disappears. However I'd like to thank you indeed because I learned something new anyway. I'll try to better interpretate what you have written.I have some special trouble understanding what RonaldCrow said most of all(but it's my fault naturally).many greetings and thanks from Rome

Hi,
    For me, it works with ".movie" files, not with directly imported ".swf" files...(in french : [J'arrive Ã* intégrer dans mon animation une autre animation en tant que fichier ".movie", mais pas en tant que fichier flash ".swf"]; sorry, I don't speak italian !).
    I know that it's sometimes very difficult for us (europeans) to understand english language, especially about computers.