A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The photos that inspire you to keep shooting

What fog? That is all water based long exposures. The water turns into like ice looking.

merging this to the inspiration thread.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Banned

Under sea photo gallery

Here are some nice and clear undersea photos. Not from me though, I happened to see them on line, just share with you all.

One of the most amazing photos I have seen in a LONG time and what I call true dedication.

It looks like a lunar landscape but this remarkable photograph actually shows our Milky Way and the planet Jupiter in all their glory - viewed from a cave in America's Utah desert.

The spiral galaxy, which cannot be seen with the naked eye, was captured by photographer Wally Pacholka using a 35mm camera and 50mm lens on a tripod with a 30-second exposure - long enough to collect the light but not to see the stars moving.
    Pacholka, 59, an architect from Long Beach, California, relied on the light of a crescent moon to illuminate the subject and chose the area because of the near-absence of ambient light.

He said: 'I had to drive 800 miles each way five times to get the shot right. And I had to hike two miles to the cave and back again at night, getting lost each time I came out.'

His photo shows the Milky Way - estimated to be 100,000 light years in diameter and 1,000 light years deep - and Jupiter (to the top left), the biggest planet in the solar system with a diameter 11 times that of Earth's.

After Venus, Jupiter is the second-brightest planet despite being about 390million miles from Earth.

The cave, which has been carved out of the desert's red sandstone rock, lies to the south-east of Salt Lake City and is estimated to be 300million years old. The area is rich with Native American ruins.

Tribes such as the Ancestral Pueblo have lived here for thousands of years, surviving temperatures that can soar to 49C (120F).

When Pacholka took this picture, at about 9pm on August 3, the temperature had fallen to 18C (65F).

The stone circle at the mouth of the cave is believed to have been used in traditional Native American ceremonies from 900 AD.

Pacholka has been snapping American geographic landmarks against the night sky for 30 years and his works have been published by Nasa.

For more of his images go to www. brightnightgallery.com.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    One of the most amazing photos I have seen in a LONG time and what I call true dedication.
    That's amazing! It almost looks like it was done in Photoshop!

His portfolio is very impressive. Check out his site.

www.brightnightgallery.com

Quote Originally Posted by ctranter
    OK - Only just got round to checking this out.

Amazing - the Xteriors series is mindblowing. I just love the lighting.

I'm assuming there must be some photoshop going on in these as well - any idea how she achieves that oil painting look in some of her photos?

Also - not sure if this has been posted yet but I was looking at this the other day:

http://andrzejdragan.com/

I'm sure you've probably already seen this guys work but it was new to me.

Wonderful pictures!!! I have a great interest over photography, can't say which picture is the best, highly appreciable effort!

Very nice. They do look fake, but its only becuase of the longer exposure. I took a few at night similar to this and its weird that the surroundings just light up with only the star light you have and how everything else comes to life.
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

This guys work is just incredible. His traveling is something to be jealous of as well

http://www.worldfoto.com/

some nice water-sculpture photos here

http://shinichimaruyama.com/

The Nihonga series is awesome.

This guys work is just incredible.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rasone

This guy has to be the best light painter I've seen yet. His tunnel shots are incredible a couple pages in.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twincitiesbrightest/

This is more moving photos but I just have to share everytime he post something new. Amazing talent.

http://www.timescapes.org/

Just downloaded a couple of HD versions of those films from the site - absolutely stunning.

Yes, they are reaaaly stunning
    Last edited by kotletas; 07-08-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    This guys portfolio is INSANE. Just look at those smoke shots!
    http://www.photo.net/photos/mozgur

beautiful!~~~~~I love this reflection series~~~~
    Create standalone SWF slideshow with Premium flash templates!

DIY slideshow template using flash template editor

Learn more about how to make your own template and DIY fathers day ecard