A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The photos that inspire you to keep shooting

This guys whole stream is just awesome.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gunnargestur/
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Whole stream is awesome.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lancerudge/

This picture is just insane.

http://1x.com/photos/latest-additions/37191/

I'm browsing 1x so I'll probably be posting a few more.

Jaw-droppingly amazing stuff there. Once in a lifetime shots.

Hello there.

Quote Originally Posted by loydall View Post
    Jaw-droppingly amazing stuff there. Once in a lifetime shots.
    seriously. I just spent a lot of time just staring at these photos in true amazement. wow. Thanks for sharing these Ctranter

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    Beautiful lighting - do you think there was much post work done? Reminds me a bit of desiree dolron's stuff.

I would assume quite a bit of processing to get those tones and such. Still amazing work. Very simple lighting if you read the bottom.

Yeah - saw that. Would love to know what processing was done though - apparently Desiree Dolron spends days working on photos in PS to achieve that look.

Yeah - saw that. Would love to know what processing was done though - apparently Desiree Dolron spends days working on photos in PS to achieve that look.
    Hi guys - I saw the link back from my flickr stats. Yes - tons of photoshop work, but not because of the tones. Those are simple curve adjustments. The time-intensive part of processing those photos is perfecting the skin the right way. For me, it's all about dodge and burn, and for most of the old school professionals that is the case. I am not an old school professional, but I just read that this method is the preferred method from some bigger mags and such, so that's why I prefer it. The girl is amazing in reality, too, but no one is that perfect. That one probably took a full 3 - 4 hours of retouch, and the other one maybe 3. Some are more and some are less. Thanks for the appreciation!

test - -

i wrote an explanation of the photos, but i think the board eated it.

3 - 4 hours of dodge/burn almost exclusively. The tones are simple curve adjustments on separate adjustment layers. I do a tiny bit of patch tool, but I think dodge/burn gives a much better texture.

I found this forum through a link back from my flickr stats. Glad you guys enjoy the work.

Great that you found our linkback!

Awesome to get some input from the actual photographer. I really need to look more into the process of dodging and burning. I know most of what goes on but I must be missing something.

This is probably asking a lot from you but any way to see the dodge/burn layer from one of your photos?