dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to add video to flash?

How to add video to flash?

Hi,
    I am trying to create an online portfolio with my hand-drawn 2D animation reel. I rendered it as 320x240 with sorensen2 compression (if I remember correctly) as a quicktime. It's about 5 min long and the file is nearly 60MB. I was able to embed it in Flash MX 2004, but the compression is terrible and the audio a bit scratchy, and it takes a long time to download and play. I have it as a separate movie from the rest of my site with a preloader.

What is the best approach to adding video to flash? Would it be better to link it as an external file somehow? Is there a better way to import it with higher quality? Should I re-render the video as a different format? I am pretty new to flash so I don't have any idea what angle to try or how to best optimize it for fast download. Thank you for your help!

i can't remember, but under File, then Import is there an option called Import Video in MX? I'm using V8.. If the option is there, try importing your raw video (no sorenson) and setting all your compression options within the video wizard in flash.
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

Thank you, that did help! Still a little slow, but I think I just have to keep trying different compression settings until I get a good balance of speed and quality. Thanks!