A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: cross-platform font problem

cross-platform font problem

I'm opening flas created in a pc on a mac, and all fonts seem to move 1 or 2 pixels up, this has been a long time problem, is there a solution for this? or am i stuck with using my old pc to update all those old flas? any suggestions?
    ...turning your data into art...

When you open the files from one platform to the other does Flash ever tell you that fonts are missing and it replaces them?

Out of curiosity, what font is it? There are slight changes between some common fonts just because of the different formats that font packages come in. One thing you can try is to take the font from your Windows side, and copy it onto your Mac. Then when you open the file on the Mac side make sure it is pointed to that new font (chances are it's a TTF). This will at least eliminate that chance that the Mac and PC version of the fonts are different.

i did that, installed the ttf from my pc to my mac, any font they just move a couple of pixels up...
    and yes, i know what you mean when opening and flash asks for the missing fonts, but thats not the problem.

sometimes this problem is not big, but some designs are "pixel" based and thats when i have problems.

Hmm, in that case I would suggest also trying to make everything on an even pixel. make sure the movieclips and all clips within aren't on weird pixels like 45.9. In that case you would make it 50.

I know this effects pixel fonts, so I doubt this is your issue, but it is worth a shot. I would be interested to know the result.

even pix ok

Thanks for your concern but thats not the issue either, i know about that even pixel thingy and always respect it, it seems more like mac fonts tend to to that and some only notice when aligning things on a pixel or 2 designs...know what i mean?