A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hosting Thread

The Minister of No Crap

Hosting Discussions

This is the thread to end all Hosting threads.

Use this thread to ask and answer the following questions:

1. Where can I find cheap hosting?
    2. Where can I find reliable hosting?
    3. Where can I find free hosting?

Also, use this thread to complain about hosting companies you've had problems with.

Thanks for participating.

-scott
    Scottmanning.com

Posting Guidelines
    • Post only sites with which you have had direct experience. We would like to keep this thread reserved only for recommendations based on personal experience with the hosting company that you reference.
    • If you are in any way affiliated with the hosting company you are promoting, or if you stand to gain by way of referral, then your post will be considered to be spam and removed.
    • Old questions that never got answered or what become irrelevant comments over time will at some point be deleted in an effort to keep the overall size of the thread down and the information contained within pertinent and useful. If you answer someone else's question, please make sure you quote it so the post containing the original question can be deleted without losing coherency.

Your efforts to keep this a useful and well-organized resource are appreciated.
    Last edited by RUSHVision; 07-05-2006 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Clarification of posting guidelines

Or why not go here: http://webhostingtalk.com/ ?

mullet king
    or just go with these guys - top notch, low price

http://www.xstreamhost.com

Before you go with a host, do a search at http://www.webhostingtalk.com
    I came up with this:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hlight=xstream
    for Xstream host...

mullet king
    thats for xtreamhostING, im talking about Xstreamhost

Sorry about that... but anyway you should try searching for extra info about your host before you pay for a full year.

Yeah, but speaking of Xstreamhost, check this ut: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ht=xstreamhost

Hmmmm.....

Yeah...

Always do your homework; it'll help you avoid getting in a bad situation. I've heard to many horror stories with hosts so far, sadly.

What do you think of this site are they all jioned in together?
    http://www.10-best-web-site-and-doma...view.html?p=97

What do you think of the top one featureprice.com I'm thinking of signing up for one year has anybody had any experience with them. And two do you think they have got all the right stuf as far as if i wanted to branch out later on and do PHP and all that sort of jazz. Like are they any good or not man?

See Above
    Originally posted by Jaffasoft
    What do you think of the top one featureprice.com I'm thinking of signing up for one year has anybody had any experience with them. And two do you think they have got all the right stuf as far as if i wanted to branch out later on and do PHP and all that sort of jazz. Like are they any good or not man?
    . . . . dude, check out www.webhostingtalk.com and do a search on there. you'll get much more valuable information from that board than from this one, considering hosting is its specialty.

peace|pal|www.dumb-dumb.com

I do a special flashkit user hosting account

10gigs of bandwith/month
    2gigs of space

for 12.00$ a month

im-losmuchachas email-alex@notthistime.com
    if interested

my opinion of best value host

I have used http://www.ipowerweb.com for a client, and I think they have the best bang for the buck. No one else offers SSL and MySQL for 7.95 a month in their hosting package in the States. However, they do not allow telnet or ssh. This makes it difficult to use things like mysqldump to backup a database. It also makes it difficult to load large amounts of data into your database. I am using www.your-site.com right now to host my site. They are on the east coast of the United States, and some of my clients in the UK have liked them alot. Another option is to get a high speed connection and use a dynamic dns company to keep your ip synced up with your domain name. Best of luck to you.
    Last edited by tmaly; 07-01-2003 at 02:43 PM.
    "Will it not be employment enough to watch the progress of the seasons?" -Thoreau

www.tysonmaly.com

hosting

I had a few questions about hosting. Is it a good idea to buy my own server to host my own as well as other sites. What all do I need to know to make that possible. I don't know much about that side. It just seems like the move to make as far as growing and having full control. Anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be much apprieciated. Thanks.

i charge my customers for hosting and remote host all my sites from servers that i rent ... works out real good

I do my own hosting via my 1mb DSL connection.. it's around $240 a month all together and I alread have enough clients to pay for it...

I do basic for $15 a month, MySQL for $25 and secure for $45, not the cheapest, but my prices are competitive enough to keep my clients happy.

so other than a little headache from picky clients about this and that.. it works out rather well, and i'm learning the ropes of Unix sysadmining while i'm at it.. a skill that down the road will pay some good money

ppl interested can check out http://www.featuredhost.com

H-Sphere Hosting which means you get Site Studio Websie creator tool with all the other features ...

Ambassador of Style
    I use Tilted for one server and IDT for the other. I really used to love IDT, but they jacked up their prices and have pretty awful support. I used to refer all my clients there, but now send them to DELL or Tilted.

the best fully featured 5star service at an affordable price

· 200MB space · Free Domain Name· Fast Support · NO Forced Advertising · 5 GB traffic per month · Fast Australian and US Servers! · NO Setup Fee! · Free Site Control Panel · High Speed Linux Hosting · Your own CGI-Bin / PERL 5 · PHP4 / MySQL database · Advanced Site Stats · 50 POP Email a/cs · Transfer any domain to us! · Host .com.au, .cc, .uk, etc · 24/7 FTP · Autoresponders · Frontpage 2000 extns · FREE 7 DAY TRIAL! · Raw logs · Streaming Audio · Mailing Lists! · Protected Directories · Anon FTP · Shared SSL Certificate available
    the bottom line $20 per month Australian =
    $US11
    PAY FOR I YEAR AND RECIEVED .COM,.NET OR .ORG NAME FREE

this is the real deal many online businesses use these servers

Cold Fusion extra $au18 per month

contact info@timeto.net
    ...............................\\\! !///
    ................................(@@)
    ._____________o00O----<>----O00o_______________
    ___][______][_____][___
    ___][_____][_____][_______][______][______][_____][______][_____][______][__
    mnbvcxz20055

(mt)

what about media temple? why it isn't popular amongst flashkitters??

OK fine just shot me in the head.

there is soo much out there. which one should i chose......
    i am, what u guys call a newbaby with flash, and html. with in a year .. i be learning javascript, C++, java, ASP and other crap ....

what should i do?
    i want to make a dynamic website with ASP/Flash etcetc sometime in 2003 and i have no idea what kind of a service should i go for. i mean there is tons of stuff u guys put up here!
    i did like this one though
    this one

i need some input for u guys ....... do u think this is a good one? ..... or u guys have better one in mind......

keep in mind that i do not even have a domain name right now, just some 15 MB worth of space on geocities.com/atar84 ( the Free site)
    what do u guys think would be the best option for me........

let me know ....
    Thank you
    Human flesh taste real good.