dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Frustrated - Almost there but not quite

[F8] Frustrated - Almost there but not quite

I've created a zoom and pan .fla with flash 8 from a tutorial I saw. Although it seems to work it isn't functioning exactly the way I hoped it would. The view window within the pan when played is no longer centered like it is in my movie clip. With that in mind I think it's causing the image it's zooming and panning into to be off center. Could someone please have a look at my fla and let me know what I'm doing wrong. I've rebuilt this several times and get the same results each time! Help!!!! I'd really appreciate any help!
    Last edited by leah5569; 12-08-2008 at 04:27 PM.
    Thanks!
    Leah5569

I think you need to make sure all the stuff in your map and mini-map is COMPLETELY centered. Dig way down to the bottom most clip of each of them and center it, then back out a level, center that, back out again, center that. Do that all the way out.

After I did this it would zoom toward the middle on both maps.

Thanks for your help. I went through my movies and made sure all of them are on x=0 y=0 but I still don't see any changes in the way the file works. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Leah5569

That's the exact problem. you have them at 0,0. You need them to be CENTERED. So if the clip was 100x100 then it would be at -50, -50. This way the registration point is in the middle of the clip, so when it is scaled it scales toward the center.