A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freelance Forum grievance... and apology

MAN! I just messed up and hit my back button and lost my whole statement... I guess I was typing too long. I don't feel like typing it all again... Summary? LOL!
    ~Planet,
    PLEASE do not close the forum. It is a BIG help to lots of us!
    ~Rush
    I agree with you about 90%. My problem is that I read the rules a while ago and didn't think to recheck them before I posted. Therefore I forgot some of them. Also, I only posted multiple forums because I saw that other forum and thought it would be a better fit. I didn't think about the spam issue! LOL!
    The only thing I really disagree with you is your stated reason for deleting the post. I am thankful that you are willing to help stupid people like me by protecting us from the consequenses of our posts. However, the rules don't state anything about the comp. being required to be "fair." Now, if you had written and told me the real reason you were deleting the second one (to protect me), I may have disagreed but I would have discussed it with you further instead of getting frustrated and going out of my freaking head and starting this post! LOL! Since it was a judgement call and the rules don't cover it, it might be better in the future to take a more tactful approach instead of just deleting it and claiming that it violated the rules or stating that the person is not going to get one by you. LOL! Just a thought.
    Like I said though I agree with you on the other things and appreciate your willingness to protect me from the hounds as well as all the work you put into being a mod!
    ~mesmerize
    LOL! This has become a little funny but I think in the long run it does bring up some issues that can be helpful.
    Hey, can I help it if I love spiderman so much? I always wanted to be him since I was a kid. In fact, I told my parents if they ever made a movie, I wanted to play spidermam... well that dream died! LOL!
    Thanks for the offer. I do know how to do it but really don't want to spend the time or the money! LOL!
    ~Rush
    Handshakes are soooooo formal... how about a chest bump? LOL!

Merged the two threads... the original Bone to Pick and the Formal Apology threads into one.

The Mod Area is for mods to post their bio only...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

ok Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Planet
    I would have to say that this forum causes more issues and complaints then all the other forums combined but I have no statistics to see how much good, if any this forum is actually doing for the community.
    If nothing for the community, it is doing a lot of good for me. I have made a considerable about of money (I don't care to publicly disclose how much) I am utterly grateful. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that has made a nice living visiting the freelance section.

The forum does a lot of good, you just aren't hearing about. PM me if you would like to discuss it in more depth.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Just to add to Shell, I am also thankful for the forum. I get my majority of work from there and would go bust without it.

The forum also puts food in the mouths of the following:
    Me
    My girlfriend,
    2 Guinea pigs
    an extra freelance programmer
    2 artists

It also results in my customers improving their sites and earning an income or setting up a business, you name it.

It has also resulted in millions (yes millions) of children (and some adults) playing the games we make and having safe fun on the internet.

All in all, I think the freelance forum does a lot of background work that I could spend ages talking about.

Like Shell, I too was worried about that comment.

If you do decide, despite these comments, that you are going to shut it down, please PM or announce it at least a month in advance so I can prepare my business for the upset. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mesmerize; 02-17-2007 at 09:34 AM.

The Freelance Forum has drawn out the "draculas" and scam artists... that much is for sure.

A lot of people nickel and dime their way to a "decent living" with absolutely no proof of work ever being done. And since Flashkit is absolved of any interaction, rightfully so I might add, the complaints from some of these people aren't posted here since the negotiations happen away from here.

I'd like to see implemented, one way or the other - via FK or through feedback from the "employer" in these solicitations that happen in the Freelance Forum - that certain users that don't even have posts largely outside of the Freelance Forum be "ranked" and their work shown... or at least any common grievances announced and placed solidly on the recent splurge of Freelance Forum only posters.

Some people are putting out shoddy work and/or are shady people. Too bad we don't get reports onto whomever they might be due to the aforementioned reasons... (to reiterate) since the negotiations are off-site as well as the showcase of the work.

And some people are putting out great work. This message goes out to nobody in particular.

It's just my 2 cents.

I can't fully say (willingly or not) that the area is being abused; however I can see how it could be. Easily.

However with RUSHVision over the area, as well as the Admin activity in that area, let's just hope the scam artists are easily recognizable as the good workers and the Freelance Forum continues to grow and actually add to the Flashkit Community.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    If nothing for the community, it is doing a lot of good for me.
    In reality it does nothing for the "community". In that forum....the few outweigh the many and the 600,000 member community almost never gets any trickle down from the "skills" of that said few. I'm all for making a living, but I'm not a big fan of visiting merely to make a buck. I eat like a king every day but I always make sure to throw my dog a bone now and then or he may bite me or piss on my rug.

Quote Originally Posted by shell2006
    If nothing for the community, it is doing a lot of good for me. I have made a considerable about of money (I don't care to publicly disclose how much) I am utterly grateful. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that has made a nice living visiting the freelance section.

The forum does a lot of good, you just aren't hearing about. PM me if you would like to discuss it in more depth.

Thanks for all your hard work.
    I cant tell you how glad I am to hear that because that is exactly what this forum is all about. Thanks for saying so shell.