Hi,

I am building an mp3 player that retrieves song titles from a database. I'm at the point where I need to build the display that will hold the titles/artists/albums of all the songs. I want to be able to click on a song and the player will play it, also functionality like being able to order songs by artists or song title would be cool. Here's my general model, please let me know if I'm being inefficient or there's an easier way:

Through actionscript I'll attach a MC with a scrollbar, this will be the container for the display

The song titles will be coming in to flash as an array. Once they have loaded I'll create a loop that will create buttons in the MC I created above, the buttons will be based on a symbol I already have in the library. I'll insert the name of the song in a dynamic text field in the button. For the onClick, it will set the "currentSong" variable to that song, so the player will begin that one.

Not sure how, but eventually I want the display to autoscroll to the current song being played, scroll in that fun way lots of flash developers are using,etc.

Thanks