A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Movie_mc Targets

Movie_mc Targets

Hi every, sorry i'm a noob at this site. I know a lot of flash but when it comes to actionscript - i suck. You see if you goto http://www.stech.co.nr/ you can see that if you were to click home or any other link then it opens it on top of the first flash file from an external file using the movie_mc target code which works perfectly but if you click videos, i am trying to create a next button(not there already) because there are only 4 videos showing so I want the next button to open the file 'videos1.swf' on the front flash file but i tried the the movie_mc code and it doesn't work. Plaese could someone help as I need my portfolio running ASAP

Thanks

Sohail Amir

OOP is one letter from OOPS kortex's Avatar
    can you post the code?
    Jeremy Wischusen
    Flash - Flex - LAMP - Web Developer Purple Inc
    AS OOP FAQ-Best Practices Thread | Flashkit OOP Tutorials | Purple Inc (day job) | Blog

Listen, the problem is that I want the videos1.swf to load in the main page using a link from the first videos.swf.

onRelease{
    loadMovie("videos1.swf","MOVIE_MC");
    }

Its something like that because it works from videos.swf but not from a link to videos1.swf from videos.swf

in videos1.swf on frame 1 in actions layer add code:

_lockroot = true;

and recompile

least that sounds like what it might be.
    Jeremy Wischusen
    AS OOP FAQ-Best Practices Thread | Flashkit OOP Tutorials | Purple Inc (day job) | Blog

OK i'll try that when I get on the computer later because im on a pocket pc eating breakfast.
    Bye now and thank you soo much!!!

Soryy for double posting but I found out how to fix the problem. Code is shown below:

onRelease{
    unloadMovie("videos.swf");
    getURL("videos1.swf", "_level1");
    }

It's something like that and it worked because i don't really know actionscript so i just clicked the plus icon on the actionscripts panel and played around. Thanks for your help anyway.

Well at least you got it working. By using _level1, you got around the same problem that lock root would have solved.
    Jeremy Wischusen

Yes

We were both right. It wouldn't of worked if I didn't use your or my codes because i tried it. any way- if you goto my site(shown in first post) after videos1.swf is opened and i click something else like home then it will open on top of videos1.swf. How can I get it to close when I click some thing else.

You have to trigger unload movie for the level you loaded the content into.
    Jeremy Wischusen