A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Do you think there is a market a good video to flv server

Do you think there is a market a good video to flv server

Hello,

A while back, I was working on a project that required me to be able to upload videos to my site and run them dynamically. Seeing how YouTube worked, I started researching how to accomplish this, and quickly learned the price of these online convertors.

So over the last 6 months, I have been working on and FINALLY have completed (99%, finalizing polish up code) an online (video - to - flv) Server. I have already used this on my upcoming site, and where I now work is using it to dynamically create and build their online video training center, and its working great.

Today a friend of mine came to me and asked was I intrested in licensing my server to their business, and now I wonder if there is a strong market for these types of server software. I see the current price for these types of apps and sdk's and if there is a market, what would be a great price point in your eye. The reason I'm asking is cause I want to get a gage of where to price a license of this server. The server will have to run on a windows box, but will be able to utilize both MSSQL Server and MySQL and there will be an interface library for both .NET and PHP.

I'm not here to advertise my server (thus why I haven't released the name or site of the server) but I want to see if there are users waiting for cheaper and easy ways to do automatic video to flv conversions.

Your input would be greatly be appricated,

Thanks,
    Cedric Gaines

I think there is a market!!!!