A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] extreme movie Clip Load problem

[RESOLVED] extreme movie Clip Load problem

I have problem I am loading a jpeg with movieClipLoader and an empty movie clip the problem is that it is loading over the top of another movie clip which I need it to interact with but its like they are on two diffrent levels....i traced each componet and the empty movie clip is _level0.myMc0 ........and the movie clip that is on the main stage is _level0.contentMain .......but its like the two movie clips don't know about each other.....feels like _level0.myMc0 the one that loads the jpeg is floating above _level0.contentMain.....I need _level0.contentMain to some how contain _level0.myMc0.....anybody know whats going on or how i can make the _level0.contentMain movie clip contain the other movieclip?
    ~calmchess~

here is a stinking link so you can see what I'm talking about.........click the button a couple of times then scroll.........i need the freaking pictures to scroll too

http://69.66.161.210/jpeg_array2.html
    ~calmchess~

bump sorry about the link not working the storm last night knocked out my hosting companies server.
    ~calmchess~

well the link will never work again but I tracked down the problem its movieclip.getNextHighestDepth() ; unfortunately my script doesn't work without it ...i don't know why.
    ~calmchess~

ok so anybody that reading this post.....i tried to swapdepths and now the pictures are below the movieclip that I need the pictures to interact with .......i can't win.
    ~calmchess~

ok i used get depth and the depths are

so how do i change those depths so that all my depths are the same ?
    ~calmchess~

well I managed to get them both on the same depth but as you know the empty movie clip destroyed the mainContent movie clip.....I'm at a loss of what to do maybe if I use loadmovie instead of the empty movie clip things will work better.
    ~calmchess~