A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FLV Controllers gone missing??!?!

FLV Controllers gone missing??!?!

I'm using Flash 8 FLV playback w/the CLear external controllers ALL for my films and when I create a .swf file the controls are there. When I upload to my FTP they're gone??? Help anyone?

KARL

Forget it. I found the answer. Thanks away.

Vaster Graphics

What did you find?

Hey,

I'm having the same problem. When I test my movie it works fine but when my main movie loads in the page I can view the movie but the controls disapear. Can you tell me what you did?
    Tahnks,
    Steve

Vaster Graphics

Hey

LOL,

I figured it out as well. : )

Okay I Give Up

I know it must be something simple, but I haven't found it yet. Anyone care to post the answer???

Thanks!

nevermind...

I found it too. For anyone else who happens upon this post looking for the answer, the SWF file for the skin has to be in the same folder as the page in which you want to embed the video. Definitely a "gotcha" if you're keeping all of your video and graphic assets in separate directories from your page's code.

Well, I'm having the same problem, but everything is already in the same folder. Except the html. I have a path to the .swf, but the controls aren't showing...

Also having the same problem!

And my controls are in the correct location....

Loading an external FLV into main flash movie... skin swf (default one I chose) is now located both in the directory that hosts the main flash movie as well as the directory that contains the actual flv....

Everything I search says the problem is that the skin swf is not in the proper directory, but this isn't solving my problem!

Driving me nuts but if I figure it out I'll post my solution - please let me know if you figured it out!