A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting 100% CPU Usage on the FK board... :/

Student
    nothing?,- it basicly uses the dangerous IE framework (spyware, activeX,toolbars?,..) alternatively and primery the Firefox one. It´s basicly a Firefox branch with the IE- tab function.

THough they recently (a few weeks ago) announced that they would start completely over again based on the Firefox source code but this time different as the current one. So no one knows if they will again emebd IE funtionality or just strictly Firefox mode enhaced with full of their services & advertisements.

doItLikeThis
    I understand that firefox must be good, but I use my internet explorer more often, and Iam having a lot of problem with this intel ad that real hogs on cpu power. The design of the ad. banner itself is flawed with so many duplications without thinking of the hog it can create on the user's pc (optimization). BAD DESIGN/IDEA/IMPLEMENTATION/OPTIMIZATION. Can anyone do something about it
    -Aditya

Sorry folks but I'm not seeing that issue duplicated on any of the machines that I connect to FK with. Thats not to say that its not happeneing, cleary theres a problem so I have requested that the Intel ad be pulled from FK until they can get it fixed. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback.

Here's the link to the SWF: link

I don't know what they were thinking when they made that. It's over a hundred movie clips all running at the same time (probably at a ridiculous framerate as well).

Genesis, haven't seen that one. I was talking about the one with the tigers tunning in it, that said 'PERFORMANCE', and 'RESPONSIVENESS'. Also the snowflake one. Basically any Intel Core 2 Duo advert.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

doItLikeThis
    Wait, there are more?
    -Aditya

doItLikeThis

Sorry to bring this up again...

My IE window went into Not Responding state due to the swatter ad. and crashed. I hope someone's still doing something about it.
    -Aditya