A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Asteroid Attack - flash lite game (in development mode)

Asteroid Attack - flash lite game (in development mode)

Hiya, I posted my game on the mobile part, but not much action in there,so I came here anyway I'm creating a game and would like to hear some comments the link is http://asteroidattack.vhost.lt don't mind the sites design it was done in 10min.

Student
    hi ther,-
    first of why dont you embed the flash movie (swf) directly into a webpage so that one doesn´t have to download the rar file unzip it and open the swf.

Cant judge much here cause I haven´t seen it yet on the mobile. My next semester involves flash lite development (GUI, applications, games,..) so my question is:
    is it normal that I can control the game with the mouse and the PC keyboard on a regular computer or is that because you enabled booth possibilities?

Also were there some things like technical limitations you had to keep in mind like the size of the scroll map or some other things?

Think I can answer your questions, render (have delved in Flash Lite myself).

Quote Originally Posted by renderhjs
    hi ther,-
    first of why dont you embed the flash movie (swf) directly into a webpage so that one doesn´t have to download the rar file unzip it and open the swf.
    Because the phone's Flash Player isn't a browser plugin, all games are played from your memory card.

is it normal that I can control the game with the mouse and the PC keyboard on a regular computer or is that because you enabled booth possibilities?
    That's normal. Keypresses are mapped to the phone's keypad, you click buttons on the phone Flash Player by navigating it like the 'tab' key does on the computer.

Key codes, if you're curious:
    Main button: 13
    Left and right softkeys were the same as PGUP and PGDN, I think?
    Left, Up, etc: Key.LEFT, Key.UP, etc
    Numbers 0-9: 48-57
    *: 56
    #: 51

Also were there some things like technical limitations you had to keep in mind like the size of the scroll map or some other things?
    Looks like it. My phone can't handle this game at an acceptable framerate. Even Strille's Drawing API Tetris crawls on it (in low quality), it can't handle certain bitmaps (probably ones with alpha channels), but animations such as Xiao Xiao run very nicely on it.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

Thanx for answering for me yeah, I can't really manage to optimise the game for full frame rate, but it is run'n smooth enough on my phone (nokia 6125)