A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hi Admins! Pleading my Care here!

Hi Admins! Pleading my Care here!

Hello Admins! I just made this post in the newbie section

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=723396

and another member mentioned the name of the client on the site, thus linking them in Google. Ahhhh! I was told to come over here and plead my case. This is one of my friends and she is really upset with me . . . do I have any way I can possibly fix this? Or is it doomed to be in Google forever?

Thank you so much ahead of time for your help . . . I think I may be in quite a pickle

It wouldn't help to remove or edit the post. It's already in the static HTML archive that is there just for the bots to crawl, and that we cannot edit.

So, although the page has been cached, removing the post wouldn't (eventually) make it disappear from the rankings? And if we did remove the post, when people clicked on it in Google, would they still see it?

Right, it wouldn't be removed from the archives, and yes the archive would still be reachable.

hmmm . . . so I guess what it boils down too is I am kinda SOL, yeah? There is literally *nothing* that can be done . . . She is so angry with me right now. Is there anyway we could just delete the post itself? Just for the sake of the action in and of itself? I know it will still be there and searchable. I just feel so helpless right now and she is raising quite a stink. If this isn't possible, I understand . . .

Thanks so much for all the info guys . . . I really appreciate it

Sorry, we don't delete posts or edit them unless they violate the AUP in some way. It's also why we include the warning that we do in the welcome email:

I want to welcome you personally to forum. I am the Online Community Manager, so if you have any questions or problems concerning the forum itself, please feel free to use the Contact Us link (page bottom). My username is JPnyc on all the forums.

Some important warnings, DO NOT post advertisements, DO NOT post your REAL NAME or EMAIL, and DO NOT post ANYTHING to the forum that you do not want search engines to find, and DO NOT post CONTACT INFO of any kind. Thank you

Please take the time to read the acceptable use policy, located here : http://www.jupitermedia.com/corporate/privacy/aup.html
    Happy Posting! JP. __________________
    You said another member posted the client's name, but how would another user know the name of your client? As was said, there's not much we can do about this, and that's why I warn members so stringently.

Hey JPnyc, I understand. The other member posted the name because it is on the site . . . the fact that the site has been crawled with Google doesn't bother her half as much as this site coming up when her name is googled. The site is actually her new home business, so there is a bio there with her name on it. Another member posted her name in the forum post where I posted the site and this is what has caused all the drama.

I appreciate the warning, and have learned my lesson the hard way unfortunately. Thank you so much for helpin with all the info.