A Flash Developer Resource Site

View Poll Results: Would you like to help us?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd love to!

1 20.00%
  • Only if more people are joining

1 20.00%
  • No, it's a stupid project

3 60.00%

Thread: Flash07, our new project

Flash07, our new project

Hi guys,

Me and a friend of mine have started this project: Flash07

Well... started... The website is there as you can see, but we are looking for a talented artist who would like to make the first scene of our 'longest flash movie ever'. We can do a lot in flash ourselves, but we just aren't very artistic.

So if you'd like to make the first scene please reserve a spot on our website (not even a signup needed ) or email us at info@flash07.com.

Also we'd like your opinion in the poll

Regards,

Jürgen

Student
    what you propably need are leaders,- somewhat professioanl people others can look up to and that way work with them.
    It´s not very appealing if all you serve with is a empty box

Exactly, and that's why i started this thread I think if someone takes the first step, others will follow.

i think that the goal of the project is kinda vague. Ok, so you want to make a very long flash movie.... and what else?
    It is a shame that colors have names

The goal is to get all people work together and add their own 'style'. Also every author can decide what's going to happen next.

And if everything goes the way we planned we might even reach the guinness book of records

is a continuous story or just random clips?

A continuous story. The first author makes a start (he might either start from scratch or ask me for a script, i've already got some ideas on how to start) and the next author decides what will happen next. Then the end of his scene should be open, so the third author can decide what happens next ... etc ... etc...

Student
    to loose imo. everything. Make it more narrow like fixed checkpoints in form of Chapters wich need to be reached because else you want start ever.

And maybe also add a scedule table on the website or a tracker so that others know how is responsible for wich part and who forgot to work on his/her...
    ah I am not seeing this goint anywhere right now

Well the point is that it should be inpredictable what's going to happen...

If you visit the 'Submit a scene' page you can see a list of the next ten authors (empty now ). If you've reached the top of the list it's your turn to make a scene. You'll get an email that you can now start making your scene and after a week (or earlier if you have already uploaded your scene) your turn is over and the next author on the list will make his scene... etc.. etc...

I've seen it being done before as a comic a few years ago (so everyone uploaded an image to make a complete story). Sad enough i can't find the website anymore...

I suppose you want to do something like this:
    Flash Exquisite Corpse

A while ago i participated in something like that, but the difference was that we got the starting and ending frame with the music, althought we were getting this the end result was still very random. I wish i had the file, but i dont
    Last edited by arikb; 03-13-2007 at 08:26 PM.