Hi kids...

I was throwing around an idea, and no-one at work seems to know (or be interested), so I thought I'd throw it out there... and think aloud at the same time...

FLV Audio. We've got mono and stereo, can we get more?

Admittedly, most computer setups only cater for stereo anyway, I have no idea how you'd go about encoding 5.1 or other data into FLV, doing some quadrophonic stuff might be interesting...

I was thinking along the lines of multiple sound tracks, like on a DVD how you might have different languages dubbed to different channels, or the directors comments on scenes, things like that. Or if it's video of a band, the user could alter the mix between the venue levels and the audio taken straight from the mixing desk...

One way, I suppose would be to load and play two FLV's, one without video data, thus allowing 2 sets of stereo. Synching may or may not be an issue, although given the seek() jumps to keyframes, it could get a little sticky... although if you forced both FLV's to have keyframes at the same interval while encoding, this issue may be preventable.

It probably wouldn't be practical for streaming, I'd imagine that bandwidth would get hammered quite severely.

If anyone has any knowledge, or even better, random ideas to contribute...please!