A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can't install flashLite 2.0 player on Nokia 6680

Can't install flashLite 2.0 player on Nokia 6680

Hi there,

I've downlaoded the FlashLite Player 2.0 sis file from the adobe website, on to my desktop. Adobe says that Flash Lite 2.o player is supported by the Nokia 6680. But when I attempt the conversion from my PC to the phone, using Nokia PC suite, I get this little message on my phone saying that 'this device does not support the application, installation cancelled' .But then I also get a little 'Installation Complete' at the end.

Now, I'm new to all this mobile stuff so you'll have to bear with me please. I now can't find the application anywhere on the phone, and also aren't able to transfer my .swf's over and dont know how to do this.

Can anyone give me advice on the steps that I should take in order successfully install the player and also move across swf's on my phone so that I can see them please?

Thanks
    Last edited by Sukhraj; 03-21-2007 at 08:41 AM.

Try transferring the *.sis file using data cable or bluetooth and run it on your mobile phone. The install (I recommend installing to Memory Card) should start but if you get any kind of error message the file is probably corrupted or you downloaded the wrong one (the one that is not compatible with your Symbian version). I know there are some issues on older firmware versions. Type *#0000# to see the firmware version. The firmware can be updated at any Nokia shop or over the internet if you have the original cable and proper software. Search www.nokia.com for more info.

Anyhow, if the installation is successful, transfer your SWFs' to your mobile phone (to E:\Others folder). Run the Flash player. If the installation is successful, the icon should be waiting for you when you press the menu key and the SWFs' awaiting for you.

And if the installation is not successful, try emailing Nokia and/or Adobe for advice. Don't forget to send them the info you get when you pres *#0000#.
    Hope this helps...

Regards

BTW, there is also FlashLite Player 2.1. It seems like your phone should be able to install and run it since my Nokia 6630 was able to run FlashLite Player 2.1 even on older firmware version before I updated it - and 6630 and 6680 are almost the same. I remember runing FlashLite Player 2.0 also so... good luck and let us know if anything troubles you

Regards

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The version that I've got is 2.1 of the Flash Lite player and it was downlaoded from Adobe's official site.

I'll try and download the .sis file again in case it wasn't corrupt but the message I'm getting is that my phone doesn't support the player even though as you rightly pointed out, the Nokia 6680 should.

The main thing I think is to first try and get an update on the firmware of my phone and then I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks

I recommend going to the nearest Nokia shop. It's a safe way to update your firmware. If you decide to update it on your own, be sure to read through Nokia forum and inform yourself of consequences. It's an easy process, but no one says that it will work without trouble. I updated my firmware on my own just because I didn't have the money to go to Nokia shop plus I did it some time ago on my Motorola.
    Anyhow, good luck.

Regards

Hi,

Managed to finally get the Flash player on my phone. There were two versions on the adobe site FP2 and FP3 and only FP2 worked on mine for some reason.

Anyway, regarding transferring .swf's over. I've managed to transfer a file that I got off the net which someone specifically created for the nokia 6680 screen size. It was just a simple menu. However, I transfer my own animations whcih were created on a 550 * 400 stage and when it comes to opening them in the phone, it says 'Problem with Content:3'. Any idea what this means? Is it because the stage size in that file isn't the right size as the screen size of the nokia 6680? Is there any way that you can view swf's that are bigger than the nokia 6680 screen size on your ophone and make the flash lite player automatically scale them to the sreen size? Otherwise I'm going to have to go back and rescale all of my animations!

Thanks again for your advice

No, the problem is not in your stage size. You can view much larger flash movies.
    Select Flashlite 2.1 in your export (actionscript) options. However, some scripts might not work since Actionscript for Flashlite is a bit different or I'd say stripped. As far as I tested things on my 6630 using Flashlite, most of the problems seem to occur when you're using masks. Seems you have a much bigger problem than just resizing your animations.
    I can't tell you much more since I'm not that deep into Flash, started learning it about two months ago.
    And hey man, don't thank me...that's why I'm here!!!
    Hope this helped a bit

Regards