A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help creating a site that will appear the same for all screen resoutions.

Help creating a site that will appear the same for all screen resoutions.

I am getting ready to create a website, but I would like for it to resize based on the end users screen resolution choice. I am creating the graphics in Photoshop.

Should I make the graphics for 1024 x 768 and put them in a table based on percentages. What code would I use for this?

Is there something else I should be doing?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

E Thanx!
    Last edited by StrictlyBeats; 03-21-2007 at 08:39 PM. Reason: added missing word
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use" --Galileo Galilei

I have part of the solution ... I think.

I have been messing around with this problem a little and tried creating a table with the width set to 80%, then placing an image inside the cell and setting the width to 100%. The problem, however, is that when viewed on a higher resolution the image stretches rather than maintaining the same proportions.

Is there a way to set the width at a certain percentage and have the image maintain the same proportions?

I assume that if I can do it this was way, I would have to design the images in a high resolution to ensure quality--correct?

TIA

E
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use" --Galileo Galilei

Will this be a flash based site?

I would use a design that would resize dynamicly, this is pretty much the way I design all my sites these days...
    here's what I mean Driveby Argument
    I use this to resize the various parts...

Liam

imagination through stupidity
    use percentages for all the layout. :P No app will ever look the same unless your content will fit on all of the sizes you want to support without scrollbars/resizing.

100%x100% and stage.stageNoScale = true; ??? ( think it's called stageNoScale.. too used to AS3's api )
    Nothing to see here, move along.

the link in my footer called 'fullscreen' has a dmeo .fla on how to make the site fill all browser sizes, while maintaining the original movie size constraints..

it also keeps certain objecs aligned to the relative positions no matter the browser size..

as stated this usesa a combination of:

fullScreen
    allowScale
    Stage.align
    Stage.onResize