A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Vector logos to view in Quicktime .mov to appear sharp HI quality in full screen mode

Vector logos to view in Quicktime .mov to appear sharp HI quality in full screen mode

Hey there.

How Do I properly import Vector Art Logos into Flash 8 for the purposes of Exporting it, later, As a Quicktime Mpeg 4 video (as highest resolution as possible), to see nice and clean/sharp Hi-res images once viewed full screen in quicktime?

Should I be exporting it differently? or import the vector art logos differently?
    Currently the logos appear very bitmapped in the final Quicktime .mov file and I'm not sure why. I've tried importing the logos as large 300 dpi jpgs to get better quality but it doesnt help. I've also tried importing the vector (Illustrator file) as an .eps , this looks a little better but not as sharp as I'd like it in the final exported quicktime movie.

Please help
    I am using Flash 8 and Quicktime Version 7.1.5,

Thanks

Elis

You'd want to import the files in vector format (Illustrator, eps, etc). Any video format is going to be bitmapped, as that's essentially what the frames of a video are, a series of bitmaps. So, you'd have to export the Quicktime movie at a very high resolution, at least as big as the resolution of the monitor at full screen.

If it's possible to use a format other than Quicktime, using a regular Flash .swf file will keep everything vector and thus crisp at any resolution.