A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MMA Big Show: Needs New Site

resolved MMA Big Show: Needs New Site

I am the owner and promoter of the MMA Big Show, a mixed martial arts event out of Cincinnati, OH.

My website: www.mmabigshow.com

I need a new site, flash mixed with HTML. On the lighter side of load times.

The site will need to demonstrate the excitment of the sport while maintaining a professional feel.

The hardest part of the site will be two fold:
    #1. I need to be able to update the News section myself. In other words, when we have a new event or something I need to be able to update the site myself with the new info.

#2. I need a system on the site where visitors can purchase one time views of individual fights. Much like the UFC but not a stand alone program you have to download. So, someone will be able to click "Buy a fight" and the site will process their order and then stream the fight.

I need serious designer/developers only please. Must have impressive portfolio of top notch design work to be considered. Not looking to spend a ton of money on this either so if you are a high dollar firm out of NY or LA, you are probably too much.

Overall I am looking for a flash wizard or small team to put this together who aren't charing me for an insane overhead.

If you are interested in talking more, you can email me at jason at mmabigshow dot com or post here with links to your previous work with contact information.

It will help if you can give me a ballpark figure I could expect to pay.

Pages will include:

Home
    Buy Fight
    Sponsors
    Forums - Forum redesign
    Photo Gallery - Outside link
    Fighter Registration
    Store
    Upcoming Events
    Fighters
    MMA Girls

Thanks!

hi i would like to work with you on this site i read your project and i can do this. you can see some of my portolio at www.iratemydate.com/number_one.html also www.iratemydate.com/dvd2.html, http://users.ydekproductions.com/darzuaga/

Quote Originally Posted by Mogus
    Must have impressive portfolio of top notch design work to be considered. Not looking to spend a ton of money on this either so if you are a high dollar firm out of NY or LA, you are probably too much.
    Those usually don't belong in the same paragraph. People who are good expect fair compensation for their work. 2A charges what they charge because they are good. If you don't wish to spend some major bucks for a serious site that you need, well...i think you are SOL. You have some very demanding needs and any way you look at it, it is going to be several thousands of dollars to build this.

I can send you a PM if you like, but I do work for a firm and anything less than what we expect would be a loss of income.

Best wishes with the site.....and if you don't like the way it turns out, you could always get the designer in the octagon and stomp his arse.

resolved

I can offer you a top notch design for a fairly good price.
    I've produced a similar flash web site here:
    http://www.tristargames.com
    it uses XML to allow the client to update the site.
    Their movie section does not allow for payment but I could incorporate something (i.e. linked to paypal)
    Me and my partner work to an 'anything is possible' philosophy and we are always keen to take on big challenging projects. Expect your project to take around a month, though. I can't provide a price on here (the rules), but check out our portfolio here:
    http://www.letsdesign.co.uk
    See if you like our style and then send us a full proposal and I will provide a quote for the work.

Best regards,
    David Rudge M.A.
    Interactive Designer
    00 44 1509 213171
    Last edited by mesmerize; 03-25-2007 at 12:29 PM.

I am not expecting a miracle worker.

I'm asking for a talented designer who isn't charging outrageous rates because his art is worth more than money type of thing.

I have approx $3k-$5k to spend on the site.

Now, by saying that I'm going to get designers emailing me telling me my site will cost $5,000 regardless, which is what I try and refrain from setting myself up for.

It doesnt matter. Show me some work that blows me away and explain how you can make what I want, in what time frame and your hired. All there is to it.

yea man....that is a good budget. People have many different opinions of what "a ton" is... I don't think you'll have people shooting you 5k no matter what.

Good luck with the website and best wishes

I might be able to do #2 on your list in the $3-5k range, but expecting the whole thing for that amount is a bit *****ious.

evanbooth [at] gmail [dot] com

*****ion?
    *****ious?
    a.m.b.i.t.i.o.n?

weird.. can someone explain this?

its the word filter.. could be triggered on any number of things.

<on topic>

some questions on project.

1.) updating site yourself.

what kind of CMS (content manager system) are we talking about here for the news? you just need to update text??.. like opening up a text file and adding the text and saving..to have the site update? or are we talking about images, formatting the text (with color and links..etc)...where an ADMIN type panel/section will need to be created?

2.) one-time VIDEO purchase
    do you have a merchant account?..or given thought as to how you are going to accept the credit cards...charge their cards..and deposit loot into your account? I would loook into this as well so you can get an idea of what each VIDEO PURCHASE is going to cost you before anything.

An alternate is getting a PAYPAL merchant account...that can ALSO intergrate directly with FLASH..

tips: heavy use of FLASH may limit the exposure of you site to the INTERNET.. as in search engines and index bots will have troubel spidering the FLSH content..

a site liek this I would assume is going to target marketing and search engines to drum up traffic to your site...correct?

side notes: I see somethign about a FORUM re-design..
    WOW.. are you talking about theming a current forum?..or re-creating a new forum to suit your needs.??

if you have any questions... or want someone to bump some questions of off, feel free.

and good luck.

A paypal merchant account is a possible idea.
    Either that or I was going to use a CCbill system.

As for Flash and HTML, I figured it would be cool to have an HTML site with some flash elements mixed in for flare. Little animated something or other here and there etc.

Yes, editing a text file or something is fine, I dont need a big complicated management system.

I was just trying to ask some questions to get some data for the potential freelancers.. so they can better gauge their talents to your needs.

will your need to be adding/updating images as well? do you know basic HTML? or wold this be something the CMS would have to handle for you? (as well as image placement)

Im glad you already have a merchant in mind.. it makes it easier when a client is serious and does the necessary work prior to hiring.