A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash working on windows browsers, but not mac

Hybrid View

will i ever get it?

Flash working on windows browsers, but not mac

hey everyone. I am going to go out on a limb and start very general. I have a flash site i am about done with. It utilizes AJAX and flash. Bottom line is that the user invokes a flash player to show a video after clicking on the HTML video link he/she wants to see. Affter clicking, the swf (with video player) is embeded to the HTML dynamically. The issue i am having is that the user CAN scrub and interact with the video player on a windows computer (firefox or IE) but not on a mac. i think it may have to do with the dynamic html content, but first i thought i would ask around the AS forum to be sure it is not my player. I scripted the player myself, so it is not a Macromedia "default", persay...any thoughts or insight on the mac architecture to help pin this down?

Is it possible there is an invisible element over the top of the element holding the flash movie? Things like negative padding and margins along with position and z-index can cause that.

will i ever get it?
    jAQUAN- you're a star...that was the problem. So now i have to ask what is meant by an "invisible element"???