A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Character Limit in Flash Forms???

Character Limit in Flash Forms???

I created a simple guestbook form on my wedding website with an input text area to post comments into a MS SQL database. However, it seems that the longer entries (not sure how many characters but anything longer than a sentence) do not get posted and just vanish into space. Short entries get posted without a problem.

Is there a setting somewhere that can fix this?? I need to fix this ASAP - our invitations went out today!!!!

TIA

Actually fixing the underlying issue probably means changing the code you're using to send the data to the database, but if you want to limit the characters in an input text box, there should be a "maximum characters" box in the properties panel.

Or if you're using the TextInput component, you can use something like: my_ti.maxChars = 8; //straight from Flash Help

check your database to see how many characters the field which stores the message in the database allows ...
    Flashmatics | Flashmatics Library (free downloads)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Latest Projects:
    The Dead Room | Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience

-----------------------------------------------------
    Flash Certified Developer