A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do they do that?

exclusive member ( V I P ) tiGRAN=-2001's Avatar
    I think its from a bucket also... thrown laterally

its probably a one strobe setup, and the background might be lit separately or appears that way from the same light. Check out Dave Nitsche on Deviantart for almost flawless studio shots http://davenit.deviantart.com/gallery/

I was thinking what Wanna be was thinking... the apples air bubble trail under water, but then again you would think there would be a bigger splash entry point. This was filmed using a high speed camera btw. I was going to buy one and stumbled across many arti8st that film cereal commericials.. ya know the fruit flying around...
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

I might just be stubborn because I won't look at it any other way- but I swear that is a underwater shot and I am sticking to it.

Is there a source from where the picture was found? Maybe that will help.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    I might just be stubborn because I won't look at it any other way- but I swear that is a underwater shot and I am sticking to it.

Is there a source from where the picture was found? Maybe that will help.
    The author said in the comments regarding the picture that it wasn't.

I can't navigate that page at all so I will take your word

My new story on it is that the background has its own lighting and that is pretty far behind the rest of the setup and that the water was thrown out of some container and the apple was thrown up into it from below. So lots of trial and error and helping hands
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    I can't navigate that page at all so I will take your word

My new story on it is that the background has its own lighting and that is pretty far behind the rest of the setup and that the water was thrown out of some container and the apple was thrown up into it from below. So lots of trial and error and helping hands
    I think that's pretty much it.

And I cant be sure about it, but from the translation that's what it seems like!