dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Freehand vector graphics and MS Word

Freehand vector graphics and MS Word

I have a vector image in Freehand 10 that I would like to include in a MS Word file. (I am working on a windows xp system). I am going to publish the MS Word to PDF for both print and screen viewing.

I am having trouble exporting my image from Freehand in a format that displays well for both mediums.

If I export my image from Freehand as .wmf or .eps I can import into the Word document, but MS word does not represent the image well. It seems that the image is not anti-aliased.

Is there a way to export an anti-aliased version of my image from Freehand so that it will display correctly both on screen and in print?
    aviarts.com - web development and flash development

Student
    wmf (windows meta file) is usually not anti- aliased in microsoft word or the OS shell but that doesn´t change the fact that wmf still remains as a vecot format and as such will be supported by printers or rippers.
    Have you checked the print preview in word,- or exporting as PDF and zoom into the vector graphic?

I propably shouldn´t tell you but msWord is the worst pick for publishing a document- it´s a professional text- tool not a publish tool. In future better layout the pages in Freehand- as it can read DOC and RTF formats pretty good. Gives you better control on the PDF or print output.