A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Animating movieclip by mouse/pointer position

[F8] Animating movieclip by mouse/pointer position

I'm trying to get a movieclip (which in this case is a rectangular panel that contains a number of buttons for mp3 links) that sits partially exposed at the bottom of the stage to rise up to fully expose the complete rectangle and buttons on it. I'd like to have it do this in reaction to the mouse/pointer being moved BELOW a given y coordinate, and then have it slide back down to it's original partially exposed position at the bottom of the stage when the mouse/pointer moves ABOVE a different y coordinate.

Can anyone help?

Thank you,

A real newby!!

This is an intriguing hint. I would presume that a moveTo command with x & y coordinates would follow. I've tried several different phrasings with no luck. I've looked in several books (and there are many to choose from) and have found only very remote connections to this type of situation. Any other hints will be appreciated.

Thanks you.

Your code was fine, it was just how to phrase the action once the condition was met (_ymouse>=100). In your 'yellow line' example the action is to output the text lines. In my situation it is to slide the movieclip (a rectangular panel that contains a number of buttons called btnPanel) from one place to another. How to phrase 'slide the movieclip to coordinate x & y' is my problem.

I've created a simple version of what I'm trying to do. The code is obviously wrong, but it shows similar x, y coordinates that might be in the real file. So I guess it's a matter of correcting my errant code.

Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by octobersongs; 03-30-2007 at 11:33 AM.

Your portfolio

You have something quite similar on your site (christianschubert.biz). As you roll into any of the three sections of your portfolio, a panel slides up from the bottom to expose buttons (Learn More, Guestbook, etc.). When you roll out of the section the panel slides back down.

GREAT!! Except now if I place buttons into that mc, they are not clickable. I've taken your last file and added a button on the stage and the same button in the mc. You can click it on the stage but not in the sliding panel. That file is attached. I've also attached a cut down version of what I'm working on that shows the panel slide up on it's own with the clickable buttons.
    You have this exact type of thing in your portfolio. How does the panel slide up with the buttons still clickable?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi, try
    code:
    _root.btnPanel.onEnterFrame = function() {
    if (this.hitTest(_root._xmouse, _root._ymouse, true)) {
    this.nextFrame();
    } else {
    this.prevFrame();
    }
    };

Hth,
    aut.