A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Moving keyframes at once

[F8] Moving keyframes at once

I imported a GIF picture into flash, now each frame of the GIF is divided to one Keyframe. But I wanna move all content in all frames and position it correctly, but when I select all keyframes, move them somewhere, only the last keyframe gets affected by the move. The rest stays @ the same position.
    I tried pastin them all into movie clip, but the same thing happened.

Thanks.

Hey there,

there is a cool feature called edit multiple frames.

on the timeline window there is a small button at the bottom that looks like 2 blue squares overlapping. with that button pressed, black range sliders appear on the top of the timeline. move the sliders to encompass the frames you want to move. then drag/select over all elements on the stage and you can move them at once. be sure to uncheck "edit multiple frames" when you are done or all sort of wierdness can happen. It takes a little practice to get the feel of how the tool works. but once you get it it becomes VERY useful.

Cheers
    Shoeshine

Hi Shoeshine,

Thanks so much for the explanation. I've tried to use this feature for years, and never figured it out. This is gonna sound stupid, but I didn't realize until I read your response that there were two sliders because they move in unison if you click in the middle.

Thanks again,
    Debbie