dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: post a drawing!

Hybrid View

post a drawing!

would love to see any drawings you've made
    preferably drawings that are not of the notoriously good (we've seen enough of those)

tryed to scan in a few myself, but one got lighted funny, and two got cropped.

this one just happened to get cropped in a convenient way:

i wonder if anyone can recognize it?

dont be shy about posting either (i myself am contemplating wether or not i should submit this...), i dont think anyone will make rude comments

and keep the pictures within the guidelines please

Games dude, this forum is about GAMES.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKris
    Games dude, this forum is about GAMES.
    No, its about everything RELATED to it
    As it is told
    Coding, ideas, games to show, ALL GAME DEVELOPMENT ASPECTS will be discussed here.

i'm with Kris

http://board.flashkit.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=25

maybe people could present their concept art for Games, but still that probably should be in the art section.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_malee
    i'm with Kris
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=25
    maybe people could present their concept art for Games, but still that probably should be in the art section.
    that´s because you are a coder , i´d say as long as it is flash game dev related post it

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    preferably drawings that are not of the notoriously good (we've seen enough of those)
    That's a strange stance ? if you want a quality topic about sketching / artworks / concepts, I think it would actually be usefull to have the best in there too ? I mean, that's how one progress : by seeing what other people do better, no ?

Not sure if I should post mine, as I don't know if I belong to the "notoriously good" or not, but I still think it's a strange request you have here

hmmmm........

http://www.truimagz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56

Theres one in there I did with M&M's, so I guess it qualify's to the OP.

sorry if the others dont, or you've seen them before, but hey, anytime anyone asks Imma show em.

(I really need to spend more time and make more)

Where in the original post does it say anything about that pic being related to game development?

Got to be honest, I'm with Kris on this. If it was a sketch from a completed game, thereby showing the design process, then fair enough.
    But it's not, it's just a sketch of something which was rendered as a test.

Although just to be a bit hypocritical, the games forum isn't purely about games, we do go off on a tangent a fair bit. So I don't think it should be here, but I don't care that it is. It's not doing any harm, but in the grand scheme of things it's a bit pointless and perhaps suited more elsewhere on FK.

Squize.

right, sorry about posting in this forum (strange, i recall doing this once before, and it was not a big deal)

as for the "not notoriously good" part, i mean dont repost images youve already done all over the place. a good number of people have already seen them and chances are, praised them a good bit too

apparantly this thread was a mistake:
    Quote Originally Posted by trogdor458
    (i myself am contemplating wether or not i should submit this...)
    everfornever: nice pictures btw, though i believe ive seen them once before. i honestly think that perhaps i should start drawing more often, as i rarely do, but am actually interested in it

i mean dont repost images youve already done all over the place
    ah, ok ...I misunderstood

Well, it's been actually posted once somewhere else, but might still be relevant to the topic.

This is few steps of a concept are drawing - not perfect, but I insisted on myself to not spend more than one week-night per concept, so that's roughly 5 hours ...
    I thought it could be interesting to share the process, specially for people that have not too much experience drawing : doing most of the job in photoshop is actually a great way to cut on time, if you aren't overly concerne about "style" or "the hand of the artist"

Perspective is off, but I still liked the final result somewhat, so I kept it

Step 1 - quick sketch (one of many, I couldn't actually find the one that started the "final" drawing, so I took the closest I had )

Step 2 - paperpen sketch

Step3 - Scan, and port of sketch on a photoshoped "paper" texture
    I mirrored it, and erased the parts I was unhappy with

Step4 - working on the green glow

Step5 - the full color work is made directly in photoshop - here it is without the outlines

Step6 - with Outlines - I stopped here, because I wanted the "concept art" feel for the drawing, so I watched not overdoing the outlines, nor the colors ... it is a quick work, but moreso, it means to "look" quickly done

and this is how it will look like in game (minus the fake Libram text )

Flash Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by luxregina

Yes. I took notice of the date of that post but may I say, stunning work my friend and boy would I want to hire you for my future games! Maybe you could private message me if you're interested..?

And also to that last post... this is very well done using trogdor458's picture and giving him your piece of his work. BRILLIANT
    If you can solve the following riddle, you will win a doughnut.

Yesterday was Tuesday and a week from now will be Thursday. Is this statment real?

Quote Originally Posted by luxregina
    ah, ok ...I misunderstood

Well, it's been actually posted once somewhere else, but might still be relevant to the topic.

This is few steps of a concept are drawing - not perfect, but I insisted on myself to not spend more than one week-night per concept, so that's roughly 5 hours ...
    I thought it could be interesting to share the process, specially for people that have not too much experience drawing : doing most of the job in photoshop is actually a great way to cut on time, if you aren't overly concerne about "style" or "the hand of the artist"

Perspective is off, but I still liked the final result somewhat, so I kept it

Step 1 - quick sketch (one of many, I couldn't actually find the one that started the "final" drawing, so I took the closest I had )

Step 2 - paperpen sketch

Step3 - Scan, and port of sketch on a photoshoped "paper" texture
    I mirrored it, and erased the parts I was unhappy with

Step4 - working on the green glow

Step5 - the full color work is made directly in photoshop - here it is without the outlines

Step6 - with Outlines - I stopped here, because I wanted the "concept art" feel for the drawing, so I watched not overdoing the outlines, nor the colors ... it is a quick work, but moreso, it means to "look" quickly done

and this is how it will look like in game (minus the fake Libram text )
    "The Perspective is of.." HAHA I would taken that first picture and mailed it to Mom to tape to the Fridge!!

very nice!! :)
    you must be good at this

When you know are. Son of Bryce's Avatar
    Awesome workflow and end product lux! Do you have any specific resources for paper or other textures?

Very cool lux! Nice work.

Do you have any specific resources for paper or other textures?
    Not really - the paper texture comes for a parchement texture that I re-worked years ago, and i've been using it a lot, playing with the saturation or the color

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    Don't mean to be off topic but one day Lux, you and I need to do a game together.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

great, now i want to draw something cool too, but it would seem i dont quite have the ability. all i can make is a simple outline in flash at the moment (btw, it makes it really hard to do if you leave "snap to objects" on the entire time)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...r458/tanky.jpg
    pfft, no details, no colors, no nothin'

EDIT: btw, make sure the window displays the whole thing, it looks worse when it's resized

Amazing stuff, Lux! Really inspiring!!
    Have you used a tablet when you made the colors?