A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Comment the Logo

Comment the Logo

I’ve been asked to do a logo for a company called LD Travel. Comment on what is needed to be fixed or remade. Thank you.

I like the idea of using the tree for the 'l', but I think it could be made a little smaller, or perhaps make 'trave' bigger so it extends off to the left of the circle.

Not too sure about the 'LD' in the circle. That too might possibly benefit from being scaled down from the bottom right corner up to the upper left corner. One thing I would definitely do however, is give the orb some kind of graphic treatment that gave it the suggestion of a setting/rising sun.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Hmmm.
    Great idea to have used the palm for the "L" in travel, but and this is only my opinion
    Neither of these work.
    Quite a few reasons i say this
    Look at your design in terms of signage usage. This would look great on all their stationary etc, but as soon as it comes to putting this onto any large surface, you're going to have problems:
    1: The negative "cut away" spaces dont make any sence, when cutting this out of sheet metal, or frosting it onto glass; the design is far too busy and dependent on the colour in the background for you to see whats going on. Another concern for me is, if this were to be screen printed i really dont think that green would be striking or even stand out for me.
    On the design itself:
    2: You have two very distinctive logos taking place in the same logo and youre using colours that really dont allow flow or distinction between the two.
    I see that you're using the idea of a setting sun behind a palm beach here to bring across the idea of "exotic" travel destinations, but if you split the two elements:sun + Beach, which is the more prominent? I see travel first, then I see the name of the company "LD" the choice of colour splits them too indefinitely, and it make this seem too busy to take it all in at the same time.
    3: Font. These two fonts, do. not. work. Logo's are super simple. You should either be using a much more toned down font for your LD or try to find a font that doesnt flow into a "cursive / script" font for your travel.
    4: Size and flow of your logo
    You have tried to use the palm tree L in travel to even out the height of your design, but the "step ladder" effect of offsetting the L, D, and palm dont draw your eye anywhere in specific to your design, which again makes it feel too busy.
    The "sun" in the background, again, your've got all these different heights and levels, I almost feel like the silhouette is the main focus, rather than your company name.

As I've said earlier, I can see where you're trying to go with this; and i love the palm tree element, its a great idea, i feel that you can expand on this and tighten your logo up. Play with this a little bit more.