A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash as a Screen saver

Flash as a Screen saver

Hi everyone, I would like to know if it is possible somehow to create a screen saver to be used both on Mac and PC from an swf file without using a screen saver software available on the internet.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Your SWF has to be played by the Flash player which means there are only a few ways to view/play it:

- in a browser with the Flash player installed
    - in the standalone Flash player from Adobe
    - in a custom player (could be standalone player, could be a screensaver, custom app, etc)

If you can get one of the first two playback methods to work as a screensaver then the answer to your question is yes. Otherwise you're stuck with the option of buying something that can provide the features you need.

I hve got a flash player. I have no problem running the whole thing. What i need is to be able to save it as a screen saver format and it will automatically run when the pc is idle.

Thanks

A screensaver (on Windows) is a specialized application and you can't just use any old EXE as a screensaver and you can't add the missiing functionality to a plain EXE after the fact. There are applications that can do this to some types of files (like the third party swf2scr apps) but since you're not interested in using them, the point I was trying to make is that you're out of luck.

Ok, seems im out of luck like you just said. Could you please let me know the full details of the app or where I could download a good one?
    Thanks

ScreenTime for Flash will do what you want.

Thanks.:|