A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: fonts not showing in flash

fonts not showing in flash

Hi - Id like to use this font - however, not all the cuts appear in the flash for some reason. They do however show up in photoshop etc. Is it just the fault of the fonts maybe?

http://www.dafont.com/search.php?psize=m&q=samson

thanks for any help!

Is it a bitmap font? not all fonts are ttf. some are just bitmaps

MR
    Hey Frets! Unlock my Pipes post. I am the designer of Pipes TV. I tried to email you or send you a message but you have turned off those preferences.

If you dont belive me. I have some tests uploaded to my own site. I didnt know that a moderator could pass judgment without asking questions first.

Let down that hair trigger clicker of power for a second and moderate some 2advanced knock offs.

Thanks - and pretty please unlock my post or turn your email messaging back on so I dont have to ruin another guys post.

This board has really gone down hill since it first started.

http://www.cs54.com/pipes/flash/pipes_html.html

well Profilin - I was about to start slagin your website after hijacking my post- but unfortunately it doesnt seem to load for me

Frets - getting back to the original question - its a ttl font - and this problem only seems to be on a PC

MR
    haha sorry the original post had the correct site

www.pipestv.com

The other was just to show that I actually did the work

To respond to your post. I have had issues with fonts in flash - some work great some don't. If you want to send the font over I can test it.

Does the font show up in your list of fonts in flash or is it just removed from the list?

If it is set for a dynamic font then you would def. want to embed it.

MR
    ooo sorry I ready your post too quickly.

I am testing the font now

MR
    I only get the base version. I did some searching on google but there was no real explination for why font variations are missing from your font menu. I found some info for Fireworks and Freehand but none for flash. I have run into this issue with other fonts where most show up but a few variations do not. Perhapse the person who created the font did not include the proper outlines for all the variations? Not sure