A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virginia Tech Massacre

doItLikeThis
    Quote Originally Posted by Visionray
    "STUDENTS SLAUGHTERED" in big bold typeface.
    Do these sensationalist douchebags have no decency? Imagine how families must feel reading that headline.
    Worser, was seeing the news last night, and one news channel was showing this news. The female news reporter was covering the event as if she was doing stock market readings for the day, no emotions, no regrets.
    -Aditya

Worse or worst, not worser.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

well if you read his plays, its just a CRY for attention. My views on this is that it is very sad, but life must go on and that crying is a selfish act. We shouldnt think about the past but move towards the future. Stuff like this happens... the only thing that could be done is to move on and try to prevent it from not happening again.
    * I could be banned at any time... [/evp]

doItLikeThis
    Hmm, I think my use of the adjective 'worser' seems to be fine. Sorry if Iam wrong though.

"crying is a selfish act"
    I think you're missing out on the proper context here. Are you talking about the killer or the suffering families?
    -Aditya

"Worser" is not a standard word.

Bad, Worse, Worst. "Worser" is incorrect English.

maybe he was addressing the people that live at Worser Bay in New Zealand?
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Worstest excuse ever.

doItLikeThis
    William Shakespeare, ladies and gentlemen...(the third google result link next to worser bay FlashLackey, btw)
    -Aditya

Stupid of people not to realize that you are using English spelling from the 17th century

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick

Bad, Worse, Worst.
    Bad, Badder, Baddest... new standards.
    "Long live fk'ers, keep fk'ing."

Worser is still wrong. Do you still use doth, thine, thy?

Worse is comparative of bad. Worst is the superlative. Bad, Badder, and Baddest is also appropriate.

But in English, you do not use -er with every word. Worser is not standard English. Take it from an English speaker. And to use an obscure, archaic, poetic, anachronism of a reference to an improper word smacks of desperation to be correct. Sorry... it's just not a word that is proper.

It's like saying "more bester" or other oddly formed superlatives; Good, Better, Best for example.

Meh...

Quote Originally Posted by adit_ya_sharma
    William Shakespeare, ladies and gentlemen...(the third google result link next to worser bay FlashLackey, btw)
    Same link...

While common in the 16th and 17th centuries, worser is now found only in some regional dialects, and is considered nonstandard.
    Update your dictionary.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Worser, was seeing the news last night, and one news channel was showing this news. The female news reporter was covering the event as if she was doing stock market readings for the day, no emotions, no regrets.

A chum of mine is a homicide detective here in NY and he can talk about brutal murders over dinner without flinching...pretty much the same for the nurse friends my wife has......some professions that have you constantly surrounded by what would be considered shocking to the average person make it a detached sort of experience that if you stop and dwell upon the sheer sadness of it or the senselessness of it might affect how you do your job or if you are able to at all. Conditioning is a fact of any profession I suppose.

Then again she just might be a cold hearted b**ch

doItLikeThis
    [QUOTE=gerbick]But in English, you do not use -er with every word. Worser is not standard English. Take it from an English speaker. And to use an obscure, archaic, poetic, anachronism of a reference to an improper word smacks of desperation to be correct. Sorry... it's just not a word that is proper.QUOTE]
    *Shirvers in fear* ok sir, I.. I.. I'll do my homework from now on, please don't hit me *closes eyes* .

Chris_Seahorn: My mom has been a doc. (gyne.) for more then 25 years now, but screams and runs out of the room whenever she'll see a house lizard on the wall.
    -Aditya

don't know if this has been mentioned before in this thread, but what is it about the 3rd week in april that makes people go nuts?

VT - April 16
    Oklahoma City - April 19
    Columbine - April 20

i'm sure there are more than that that have happened in this time period, i just can't think of them right now.

from my understanding the vt killer praised the columbine shooters as martyrs. so doing this during the same time fram may be seen as some sort of glorification of them.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    don't know if this has been mentioned before in this thread, but what is it about the 3rd week in april that makes people go nuts?

VT - April 16
    Oklahoma City - April 19
    Columbine - April 20

i'm sure there are more than that that have happened in this time period, i just can't think of them right now.
    either April or May is the month with the most suicides. It might have been Freud who said "suicide is the urge to kill turned inward".
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Chris_Seahorn: My mom has been a doc. (gyne.) for more then 25 years now, but screams and runs out of the room whenever she'll see a house lizard on the wall.
    LOL..well...my buddy hates spiders too....but he has no problem with a wet spot that used to resemble a human body. People are strange

I have two parents who are doctors and a brother who is a medicine student. Conversations at our dinners aren't always very appetizing!

So Jack is blaming micrsoft(bill gates) for the shootings now because they published counter-strike.

Source

ummmmm I am pretty sure microsoft didn't publish counter-strike. It was a 3rd party mod that was created and then picked up by valve after years of watching to help the team out. The CEO and founder of valve is an ex microsoft employee but left before starting valve. I love how Jack just makes stuff up- and even if it was indeed microsoft who was the publisher you can't blame them.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna