A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Curious to know what to charge $$$?

Curious to know what to charge $$$?

Hi guys,
    I'm starting my own company right now and I'm royally lowballing on the prices to charge. I don't know if I should be charging by page or by time and I can also do basic flash animation, nothing extreme but I just have no idea how to go about this. Does anyone have a set pricing scale for this kind of thing? I would appreciate the help, thank you!

this isn't really the place for that kind of question. However, you need to charge by what you think your skills and time are worth. I'd charge by the hour though it's just easier that way. Putting a flat rate on animation is just wack. Here's an example why: say on your site you say Banner ads $50. Now you may get lucky and get some banner ads you knock out in an hour or less, but then you start getting really complex banners that take you way longer and you end up getting crap for a rate in the long run. So if you have the skills to pay the bills make sure you charge for them.

Moved to the Boardroom, which is a more appropriate place for such an inquiry. Keep in mind however, that we are unable to provide any kind of hard pricing info due to U.S. price fixing laws.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..