dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: club lights?

club lights?

any body know were i can find a tutorial of club light?

you know the 3 beems of lights that are projected in the the sky?

i want to put it in a flash banner.

thx

The lights themselves are just a white shape of the cone of light and converted to a movie clip. That movie clip is then put on a layer in another movie clip and tweened to move back and forth across the skyline. Do that on three different layers with their own tweens. You can use the same light mc as many times as you want.

k.do you know if there is a tutorial on this?looks simple but i juste want to make shure.

thx

Not that I know of. It is simple. When you make the one white light, put the bottom end of the cone of light over the center mark inside the movie clip stage. This is called the Registration Point. When you use the clip inside another clip and tween the light from side to side, this light clip will pivot on that Registration point. You can center the mark of the light clip over the point you want the bottom of the light cone to sit, then use the angle box in the Info panel to set the angle it turns to, start the tween then at the other end keyframe in the tween, use the angle box to type in a different angle and the light clip will turn on the pivot to the new angle. When you run the tween it will movie back and forth on that pivot.